Gauge Mountain Bike Shoe
Whether you're heading out for a multi-day bikepacking adventure, or enjoying some spirited trail riding on your favorite bit of singletrack, the Giro Gauge Mountain Bike Shoe is up to the task with its versatile design inspired by athletic shoes. It combines cycling-specific features like clipless pedal compatibility and a supportive fit, with the reliable grip of an aggressively-lugged rubber outsole and the feel of a trail running shoe. This makes it much more comfortable for hike-a-bike segments, long portages, or just any time you're walking off the bike. And with a stout injected nylon inner shank to help transfer your power to the pedals, as well as durable yet breathable uppers, the Gauge is a worthy companion to tackle any trail.
- A mountain bike shoe with the feel of a trail running shoe
- Thermo-Bonded Armor uppers are durable, lightweight, & breathable
- Rock Print reinforced toe resists abrasion from rocks and roots
- Aggressive rubber tread finds grip any time you're off the bike
- Shock-absorbing EVA footbed improves comfort
- Tubular laces with lace keeper deliver a secure fit
- Rubber toe guard helps protect against impacts on the trail
- Compatible with 2-bolt mountain cleats
- Item #GIR00KK
- Q & A
Just didn't fit right...
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 45
- Height: 6'2"
- Weight: 180lbs
If you are looking for a clipless shoe that has more of a trail running feel, this is a great option! The sole is stiffer than a regular training shoe, but the upper is still has a nice comfy feeling.
These just didn't quite fit right for me. I ended up going with the SHIMANO SH-MT7 Cycling Shoe.