Select Style & Size
Smartly adjusts to lighting outside.
Pair the Varia UT800 Smart Headlight with a Garmin Edge head unit for automatic adjustments to the ambient lighting outside, projecting the brightest beam on the darkest of nights and lowering its beam to save battery life at brighter dawn and dusk hours. Not only does it adjust its beam intensity to the lighting outside, but it also matches the light beam to your current speed and ride profile to save battery life at lower speeds with a lower beam and project more light when it's needed at higher velocities.
Five different lighting modes give you a wide array of beams for numerous ride types, meaning the Varia UT800 is great for daily commutes, long-distance road rides, and fast-paced trail rides after dark. Two different packages give you a bar/stem mount for road rides or a helmet-based mount for trail riding after dark. The rechargeable battery delivers approximately 1.5 hours of power at full blast of 800 lumens, lasting six hours on its lower setting for better battery life.
- 800-lumen headlight smartly adjusts to ambient lighting
- Adjusts to lighting outside with Garmin Edge computers
- Cree LED projects a beam with 270 degrees of visibility
- Five settings: high, medium, low, day flash, night flash
- Trail package mounts to helmet for mountain biking
- Road package mounts to bar and stem for road cycling
- Meets IPX-7 waterproofing standards (fully submersible)
- Rechargeable battery lasts 1.5 hours on highest setting
- Item #GRM008Y
- Cree LED
- Power Source
- rechargeable battery
- Batteries Included
- yes, rechargeable battery
- high, medium, low, day flash, night flash
- [highest setting] 800 lumens
- Burn Time
- [high] 1.5 hours, [medium] 3 hours, [low] 6 hours, [day flash] 25 hours, [night flash] 6 hours
- [Urban Edition] handlebars and stem, [Trail Edition] helmet
- yes, meets IPX-7 standards (fully submersible)
- [Urban Edition] Varia UT800 Smart Headlight, charging cable, quarter turn to friction mount, [Trail Edition] Varia UT800 Smart Headlight, charging cable, helmet mount
- [L x W x H] 3.8 x 1.3 x 1.2in
- Claimed Weight
- 130g (4.6oz)
- Recommended Use
- commuting, cross-country, road cycling, trail
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
California Proposition 65
What do you think about this product?
November 28, 2019
Brighter Than The Rest
- I've put it through the wringer
Replaced my Trek Flare with this Garmin light. It is simply more versatile and bright. I only use it as a day time running light, and it is obviously effective because I always see the flash reflecting off of road signs when I'm riding. Kind of heavy, but the guild is super solid. Also has different brightness settings for use as a headlight for riding and commuting at dusk, damn, or in the dark. Syncs to Garmin Edge for auto start/stop. The mount puts it right under your computer out in front of the bike. Light mounts easily and very securely to the mount. I don't ride without it.
April 4, 2018
Simply the best
- I've put it through the wringer
Battery lasts several rides. Best if you use an Edge computer, easy to pair and makes it a one time function to turn it on. Once paired, you don't have to do anything except charge and attach it to the mount before the ride. Very bright, certainly bright enough to be seen as well as to see. Pulse feature for day time works great. Light weight, very much unlike their previous model. Recommend it without hesitation. Won't be being a new light for any reason that I can see.
November 19, 2019
Does it have any linkage with an android phone if one' doesnt have an edge device?