Select Style & Size
Why We Like The Instinct Solar Heart Rate Monitor
To tap into the power of the sun and increase the ruggedness of their wearables line, Garmin introduces the Instinct Solar Heart Rate Monitor with endurance for a daily active lifestyle. The heart of the Instinct is undoubtedly the solar battery, which extends battery life—dependent on sun exposure. The most telling spec that calls attention to the highly valuable solar charging is the "unlimited" range of operation the Instinct has in battery saver watch mode, and a near doubling of operation hours when using most other modes. It begs us to press further into the deep country with the connectivity we need to explore confidently.
- Ultimate outdoor adventurer's solar-powered activity tracker
- Hardened to meet the tough-as-nails U.S. military standard 810
- Solar charging extends to battery life for function far from home
- Body energy monitoring for complete readiness evaluations
- Sport-specific features, tracking, pairing, and coaching
- Water-resistant to 100m for deep swims with sea turtles
- Smart phone features keep you plugged into the day's updates
- Additional features like, weather, Tracback routing, and LiveTrack
- Item #GRMF019
- Housing Material
- Strap Material
- Face Material
- Power Glass
- Heart Rate Monitor
- Operating System
- Connect IQ
- Dual Times
- Date Indicator
- Weekday Indicator
- Battery Type
- solar rechargeable
- Battery Life
- [smartwatch] 24 days (54 days with solar), [battery save watch mode] 56 days (unlimited with solar), [GPS] 30 hours (38 hours with solar), [max battery GPS mode] 70 hours (145 hours with solar), [expedition GPS activity] 28 days (68 days with solar)
- Low Battery Indicator
- charging/data cable, documentation
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- backcountry skiing, backpacking, casual, hiking, road running, ski mountaineering, trail running, ultralight backpacking
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
- Face Size
What do you think about this product?
May 30, 2021
- I've put it through the wringer
- True to size
- 6` 4"
- 235 lbs
90% of an Apple Watch capabilities with 2 weeks of battery life, plus super durable and has the potential to recharge with solar if put in low power mode. I’ll never go back, it’s been awesome.
July 30, 2020
DO NOT USE WITH SCREEN PROTECTOR!
- I've used it several times
Solar charging dropped to zero after installing a high-quality tempered glass screen protector on my brand new Garmin Instinct Solar. Unfortunately it can't be safely removed due to the watch bezel and tight fit. And Garmin informed me that I voided the warranty by installing a 3rd party protector (it's considered "alteration or modification" of the product). I can't believe Garmin didn't anticipate this issue -- none of their documentation or marketing info for this product mentions screen protectors, which are even being bundled with the watch on other sites. Very disappointed that I paid an extra $100 for a feature that I can't use and that this could have been prevented if Garmin had communicated clearly. Giving it two stars because it's a decent watch otherwise.
August 1, 2020
i have the original Instinct for over a a year now it has shown no need for a "protective" screen cover to begin with.
March 3, 2021
This watch is built like a tank. I've had it for over two years of hiking, biking and climbing. Zero need for screen protectors.
April 14, 2021
That stinks. They should really say something about that. I get people are saying its a tough watch but I’ve had mine for over a year now and I got dings and scratches all over mine. I actually do some real adventuring as well so maybe all they do is run
April 17, 2021
the crystal will show wear easier because it is gorilla glass. my watch had a scratch after a week of casual wear. the same thing happened to my G-shock which has mineral glass. Sapphire crystal is a stronger more durable glass but, normally coast more.