Select Style & Size
Fenix 5 Sapphire GPS Watch
Just like you, the Garmin Fenix 5 Sapphire Watch doesn't mind getting dirty outdoors and certainly doesn't complain about the falls and scrapes encountered along the way. This tech-savvy sports-and-navigation watch is upgraded with a sapphire crystal face for greater resistance to unsightly scratches and accidental bumps. Both colors enjoy the robust durability and refined appeal of a stainless steel case, with the Slate Grey featuring a steel band for a more upscale look while the Black comes with a silicone band for high-octane workouts. Please note, both colors do include an extra QuickFit silicone band for on-the-go swapping.
Offering a long-awaited refresh to the popular Fenix 3, the Fenix 5 Sapphire retains the popular sport-monitoring capabilities, but in a sleeker 47-millimeter case with easier swapping of wrist bands. Instead of messing with tools, the Fenix 5 now swaps QuickFit bands with a simple click. Another notable upgrade, the battery life lasts up to 24 hours in GPS mode and 60 hours in UltraTrac mode. Resolution is slightly better than the previous version, making it easier to view your exercise metrics in bright outdoor environments. Plus, this Sapphire version is upgraded with Wi-Fi connectivity for easier uploading of data to your smartphone app.
Besides these subtle upgrades, the Fenix 5 retains many of the same features of the Fenix 3, which is a good thing if you're seeking one of the most comprehensive sport and navigation watches on the market. Wrist-based heart rate monitoring delivers fast measurements without messing with a chest strap monitor, unless you absolutely want to, in which case it's compatible with a number of ANT+ chest straps from Garmin.
Advanced Performance Metrics give you aerobic and anaerobic benefits from grueling workouts, so you can see how it's paying off in the long run and compare yourself to peers of the same age. There's a heap of Advanced Running Dynamics suited for the most dedicated runners monitoring lactate threshold, cadence, and stride length. And to accommodate your multi-sport lifestyle, the Fenix 5 comes with preloaded profiles for hiking, climbing, cycling, mountain biking, indoor cycling, stand-up paddleboarding, and skiing/snowboarding, among others.
GPS and GLONASS receivers find satellites faster than ever, so you're not endlessly waiting for reception when you're in the middle of nowhere. The GPS reception is crucial for point-to-point navigation, as well as getting you back to the trail head with its nifty TracBack feature. Other navigational goodies include a 3-axis compass and barometric altimeter, which come in handy for tracking incoming storms, monitoring elevation changes, and finding your bearings in the wilderness.
- Comprehensive sport and navigation watch
- Sapphire crystal face + Wi-Fi connectivity
- Receives smartphone updates via Bluetooth
- Chroma Display w/LED backlight for reading outdoors
- Wrist-based heart rate for quick, easy measurement
- GPS + GLONASS receiver for high-accuracy navigation
- Advanced Running Dynamics, Advanced Performance metrics
- Multi-sport modes for outdoor recreation, indoor training
- Item #GRM007X
- Housing Material
- stainless steel
- Strap Material
- [Slate Gray] steel, [Black] silicone, [extra band] silicone
- Face Material
- sapphire crystal
- Technical Features
- Smart Notifications, GPS + GLONASS receiver, Advanced Performance Metrics, Advanced Running Dynamics, Multi-Sport Modes
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ANT+
- Operating System
- works with Garmin Connect (free for iPhone and Android devices)
- Date Indicator
- LED backlight
- 10 ATM
- Battery Type
- rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery Life
- [Smart mode] 2 weeks, [GPS/HR mode] 24 hours, [UltraTrac] 60 hours (w/out heart rate)
- extra QuickFit silicone band, charging/data cable
- Face Size
- Claimed Weight
- [Slate Grey w/steel band] 5.5oz, [Black w/silicone band] 3oz
- Recommended Use
- running, cycling, hiking, backpacking, swimming, climbing, alpine & expedition
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
July 7, 2017
- I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
Right size and ergonomics, functionality for different sports is great, but it can't be integrated with many apps