Why We Like The Fenix 6X Pro Heart Rate Monitor
Compared to the Fenix 6, Garmin’s Fenix 6X Pro Heart Rate Monitor is designed with a larger face size and band to accommodate wider wrists. With that additional space, Garmin beefs up the battery life across all modes. The 6X Pro uses a 1.4-inch screen for larger visuals and enhanced pixel rating, and weighs about 13 grams more than the 6 due to its larger frame. However, with the increased size, the uses and features of the 6X Pro remain largely similar to the 6 —with a few additions—, and it functions exceptionally well for daily life in town and transitions with eager confidence off-road and off-grid.
The Garmin Fenix line is well-known for stacking the table with features that reach far beyond telling time and providing an extension to your smartphone notifications. With the 6X Pro, Garmin delivers a premium wearable that collects critical exercise data, prompts you when it’s time to push harder, and provides detailed mapping and course planning well as the basics to keep you connected socially, and more. Key differences between the 6X Pro and the 6 are in mapping, where the 6X Pro expands navigation to countryside topographical and ski maps, golfing course maps, and suggestions for popular running and cycling routes.
The 6X Pro manages your activities and training and pushes you further when it’s time. The watch integrates with a broad range of sports like cycling, running, and swimming, and Garmin’s Body Battery Energy Monitor and sleep monitoring features look at accumulated stress and recovery to help guide you on the path towards peak fitness. In-activity features like PacePro help suggest pacing strategizes so you can hit that PR and not overcook yourself.
With more and more specs being added to the 6X Pro, it’s easy to get lost in what it can do for you and your goals. Garmin designs the watch to keep you up to date and on track regardless of your activity or lifestyle. Smart connectivity keeps you informed about the weather, phone notifications, allows Garmin Pay, and even plays music with storage for up to 2,000 songs. And should you want to take a step further and venture off into the deeper countryside, the 6X Pro even keeps tabs on your physical responses to altitude stress, and detects incidents that can be sent as alerts to your loved ones and emergency contacts. It’s a watch that never has to leave your side unless it’s charging up for the next adventure.
- Feature-packed smart wearable designed for adventurous lifestyles
- Durable Corning Gorilla Glass DX withstands abuse on rugged trails
- Heart-rate and oxygen-intake monitoring add insight to workout sessions
- GPS and mapping provide navigation and preloaded courses for various sports
- Weather tracking, altimeter, and compass keep you plugged in while off-grid
- PacePro adjusts pace strategy based on terrain and preferences
- Syncs with streaming services and stores up to 2,000 songs
- Choose the battery modes to supply the correct amount of juice for the task
- Item #GRMF00V
- Housing Material
- steel, fiber-reinforced polymer with metal rear cover
- Strap Material
- Face Material
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Heart Rate Monitor
- yes, in watch
- Technical Features
- PacePro technology, advanced training metrics, preloaded sport modes, TOPO and ski maps, ClimbPro features, preloaded golf courses, turn-by-turn directions, multi-GNSS support, music apps, safety and tracking features, Garmin pay service, smart notifications, heart rate, energy monitor, Pulse OX sensor
- Date Indicator
- Battery Type
- recheargeable lithium
- Battery Life
- [smartwatch mode] up to 21 days, [GPS mode] up to 60 hours, [GPS and music mode] 120 hours, [expedition mode] 46 days, [battery saver watch mode] 80 days
- charging/data cable, documentation
- Claimed Weight
- 10 ATM
- Face Size
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
California Proposition 65
What do you think about this product?