Select Style & Size
Free gift with purchase!
Sample Sachet 2 Pack
Edge 830 Bike Computer
Garmin's all-new Edge 830 Bike Computer Bundle wraps the high-tech tracking and mapping ability we loved about the Edge 820 into a package that's the same size as its Edge 530. When paired with the included speed sensor, cadence sensor, and heart rate monitor, the Edge 830 sits unobtrusively in your cockpit, gathering data to guide you through your ride and your fitness regimen.
The Edge 830 includes all the features we loved on the Edge 820 with a host of additions to boost your cycling game. Its full touchscreen is a welcome and user-friendly upgrade from the mixed button/touchscreen system employed on the Edge 520, but the mapping options are what really make this computer shine. It comes with a preloaded Garmin Cycle Map and internal memory for adding more maps if needed. It lets you precisely plan your routes, provides round-trip routing direction to keep you on course and offers up audio prompts via Garmin Connect Mobile so you can keep tabs on your metrics and progress without constantly craning your neck to stare at your stem.
As with the Edge 530, the Edge 830 displays metrics encompassing everything from charting fitness levels to power output and targeted recovery. It also features Strava Live Segments, which means you can now track segments in real time out on the road. The Edge 820's direct connection to Strava gives you a leg up in the battle for K/QOM's with live updates as you ride, simultaneously displaying the stats of your present performance against the current segment holder and your own personal record. The days of getting home and excitedly loading files only to be crushed by the dreaded second place badge next to a coveted segment because you misjudged the endpoint by a handful of meters are over.
In addition to all that shininess, the Edge 830 features ANT+ and WiFi connectivity to pair with your power meter or other metric-gathering devices of choice. It's compatible with Shimano's D-Fly Data Management system, effectively replacing the PRO Scio ANT+ head unit when used with Di2. Additionally, it monitors gearing in other electronic shifting systems via ANT+ and pairs with ANT+ turbo trainers. It performs all the basic computer functions such as speed, trip time, trip distance, and odometer and the GPS and GLONASS compatibility keeps you located no matter where your ride takes you. It automatically uploads to Garmin Connect, syncs with smartphones for notifications, and displays weather information so you're never out of the loop or surprised by changing conditions mid-ride. Lastly, it's battery life is an impressive 20 hours and it works with the Garmin Charge power pack for up to 40 hours of additional battery life.
- A head unit bundle that charts training and racing metrics
- Compiles ride data and biometrics in one touchscreen display
- Full Garmin navigation capabilities for mapping and tracking
- Live segment tracking and audible route notifications
- Displays smartphone notifications and weather
- Compatible with electronic drivetrains and Shimano D-Fly
- Pairs with ANT+ turbo trainers and included wireless sensors
- Automatically uploads to Garmin Connect
- Item #GRMF007
- Heart Rate Monitor
- Technical Features
- touchscreen, preloaded Garmin Cycle Map, internal memory, round-trip routing, route planner, incident detection, audio prompts (through Garmin Connect Mobile), ambient light sensor, power meter compatibility, ANT+ electronic shifting monitoring, Strava Live Segments, performance condition/lactate threshold/stress score, Virtual Partner, advanced workouts, customizable screen, Smartphone notifications, weather tracking
- ANT+, WiFi, Bluetooth
- Battery Life
- 20 hours up to 20 hours with GPS (works with Garmin Charge power pack for up to 40 hours of additional battery life)
- Battery Type
- rechargeable lithium-ion
- Low Battery Indicator
- Mount Type
- out-front mount, standard mount
- out-front mount, standard mount, cadence sensor, speed sensor, heart rate strap,USB cable, Quick Start Manual
- 50 x 82 x 20mm
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- road, mountain biking
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
California Proposition 65
What do you think about this product?
August 26, 2019
Garmin...like it but kinda miss my Bolt
- I've put it through the wringer
Was really interested in upgrading the Bolt so got excited when the Roam was announced but delays caused me to pull the trigger on the Garmin. I think in general, it is a much more refined interface and has better build quality. I have pad plenty of Garmin products in the past so the set-up was pretty familiar. If I were new to Garmin, I think this would be a major turnoff as it is pretty complex and intuitive. Sensor pairing has been very simple, and the GPS quality has been really good. I really miss the simplicity of the interface and experience Wahoo provided, but I will say it didn't come without problems of its own. I had major issues with sensor dropout, and the device not working with my phone. I also had more than one ride where loading a route caused major issues. Bottom line...a good unit, but don't expect perfection. As typical with Garmin, the product isn't very stable and has a lot of bugs.