Select Style & Size
Edge 530 Bike Computer
Garmin's latest gadget, the Edge 530 Bike Computer, continues its excellent legacy of offering a trove of information at our fingertips for ride analysis and afterward at home. With its touchscreen, route planning and mapping, compatibility with various sensors, and connection with fellow riders and family at home, the 530 provides everything we want in a modern bike computer and gives us a little extra. It simply makes riding in places we've never been before and training effectively, easier and also makes the ride potentially safer. This particular model adds the sensor bundle of speed, cadence, and heart rate so you can get the most out of the 530.
This Edge 530 includes the Garmin Cycle Map with popularity routing. Using its Garmin Connect database, Garmin finds well-ridden routes in your current location and even recommends the direction that's most popular. Additionally, it provides off-course recalculation assistance to quickly get you back to the start when needed.
Returning features include group messaging and tracking letting you communicate with the pack without having to pull out the phone from your back pocket. So if the group takes a wrong turn or someone has a mechanical, if you're paired with GroupTrack, it's easy to regroup. It also receives assistance and compatibility with its Varia rearview radar and lights (sold separately) so you can see and be seen, while a new bike alarm rounds out the list of cycling safety features.
The 530 is compatible with ANT+ and Bluetooth sensors such as powermeters and includes speed (for indoor or outdoor training), cadence, and heart rate monitor, providing real-time metrics that you can view on the ride and analyze later. By paring with these compatible sensors, the 530 provides insights on your VO2 max, advises recovery time, training balance, heat and altitude acclimation, nutrition, hydration and more.
Once connected to Garmin's Connect IQ store, you can easily customize the Edge 530 with free apps, widgets, and data fields. For instance, a weather app can keep you aware of changing conditions, while training apps let you, and your coach, know if you are doing the workouts correctly. Every data field is easily customizable letting you put important information exactly where you want on the easy to read touchscreen screen.
Water resistance gets an IPX7 rating which is more than enough protection for rainy rides and 'cross conditions. One area that really impressed us was its 20-hour claimed battery life and the ability to work with the Garmin Charge power pack for up to 40 hours of additional battery life. Included with the computer is a flush out-front mount, standard mount, USB cable, and manual.
- Garmin's latest head unit with sophisticated bike functionality
- Garmin Cycle Map sources popular routes from its library
- Communicate with other riders with group message and tracking
- Compatible with Varia Radar and lights
- Wi-Fi connects to the Connect IQ store for apps, widgets, and data fields
- Includes speed and cadence sensors and a heart rate monitor
- Impressive 20-hour battery life with the ability to extend 40 more hours
- ANT+ and Bloothtooth connectivity works with speed, cadence, HR, and powermeter sensors
- Item #GRMF004
- Heart Rate Monitor
- Technical Features
- mapping with Garmin Cycle Map, touchscreen, bike alarm, group messaging and tracking, assistance and compatibility with Varia rearview radar and lights, free apps, widgets, and data fields from the Connect IQ Store
- Battery Life
- 20hrs (up to 40 hours of additional battery life with Garmin Charge power pack)
- Battery Type
- rechargeable lithium-ion
- Low Battery Indicator
- Mount Type
- flush out-front mount, standard mount
- flush out-front mount, standard mount, speed sensor, cadence sensor, heart rate monitor, USB cable, manual
- 50 x 82 x 20mm
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- road, mountain cycling
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
California Proposition 65
What do you think about this product?
July 16, 2020
he has the language in portuguese?
Jefferson Pauli PJ50409