Edge 530 Bike Computer
When you're in the woods on your bike, it's hard not to just take in the ride and the beautiful scenery nature has to offer. Sometimes the last thing you want is an electronic gizmo that might spoil the experience, but then, there are times when you are visiting a new location and want to get the lowdown on the riding spots or perhaps, analyze a ride later on. That's where the Edge 530 Bike Computer comes in handy. With its touchscreen operation, route planning and mapping, compatibility with various sensors, and connection with fellow riders and family at home, the 530 provides everything we want and need in a modern computer. With this particular model, it receives the Mountain Bike Bundle which adds the mountain bike mount, an Edge remote, and silicone case. Additionally, it comes loaded with Trailforks data, including trail difficulty ratings, so you can select an appropriate route and it can provide off-course recalculation assistance to quickly get you back to the trailhead if needed.
Returning features include group messaging and tracking letting you communicate with the pack without having to pull out the phone from your back pocket. So if the group takes a fork in the trail or someone has a mechanical, if you're paired with GroupTrack, it's easy to regroup. It also receives assistance and compatibility with Varia rearview radar and lights (sold separately) so you can see and be seen, while a new bike alarm rounds out the list of cycling safety features.
The 530 is compatible with ANT+ and Bluetooth sensors such as powermeters, speed, cadence, and heart rate monitor, providing real-time metrics that you can view on the ride and analyze later. By paring with these compatible sensors, the 530 provides insights on your VO2 max, advises recovery time, training balance, heat and altitude acclimation, nutrition, hydration, and more.
Once connected to Garmin's Connect IQ store, you can easily customize the Edge 530 with free apps, widgets, and data fields. For instance, a weather app can keep you aware of changing conditions and if you need to seek cover, while training apps let you, and your coach, know if you're doing the workouts correctly. Every data field is easily customizable letting you put important information exactly where you want on the easy to read touchscreen.
For the mountain bike data junkie, the Edge 520 provides MTB dynamics and has the ability to track the number of jumps, the jump distance and hang time. It also has Grit, which combines metrics to measure a ride’s difficulty and Flow that tracks the smoothness of your lines on the descent so you can see where the faster lines are hidden. And while riding in rough terrain, the included Edge Remote lets you use your Edge 520 without removing your hands from the grips.
Water resistance gets an IPX7 rating which is more than enough for wet rides. One area that really impressed us was its 20-hour claimed battery life and the ability to work with the Garmin Charge power pack for up to 40 hours of additional battery life. Included with the computer is a mountain bike mount, standard mount, USB cable, silicone case, Edge remote, and manual.
- A cycling computer built for the mountain biker
- MTB dynamics track jump count, jump distance and hang time
- Integrated Trailforks data includes trail difficulty ratings
- Records speed, time, distance, and paired sensors for analysis later
- Works with Varia cycling awareness devises for safer cycling
- Utilizes LiveTrack and GroupTrack to locate other riders
- Uploads data to Garmin Connect via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi signal
- Includes Mountain Bike front mount, Standard mount, USB cable, silicone case, Edge Remote, and Manuals
- Item #GRMF005
- Heart Rate Monitor
- with strap sold separately
- Technical Features
- mapping with Garmin Cycle Map, touchscreen, bike alarm, group messaging and tracking, assistance and compatibility with Varia rearview radar and lights, free apps, widgets, and data fields from the Connect IQ Store
- Battery Type
- rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery Life
- 20hrs (up to 40 hours of additional battery life with Garmin Charge power pack)
- Low Battery Indicator
- Edge 530 Computer, Mountain Bike front mount, Standard mount, USB cable, Silicone Case, Edge remote, Manuals
- 50 x 82 x 20mm
- Claimed Weight
- 2.7oz (76g)
- Recommended Use
- mountain biking
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
California Proposition 65
What do you think about this product?
February 2, 2021
Does the mountain bike front mount provided fit 35mm handle bar?