Select style & size:Select options
Set a steep skinner.
G3 is the usual instigator behind backcountry innovation, but the Scala Climbing Skins are unlike anything skiers have seen. Field-tested for improvement, the Scala's unique Hybrid Tip Connector is proven to provide better glide and overall efficiency on the skintrack, whether you're setting it or not. Its scale pattern enhances grip when the tip is engaged on the skinner, and it enhances side-to-side control on harder surfaces. The tip's subtle tweak also reduces snow buildup when you're breaking trail through powdery delights. Expect more compact convenience when you pack these skins in your pack. G3 included a trim tool that allows you trim the tip as easily as the skins themselves.
- Innovative skins for backcountry touring and setting skintracks
- Extended Hybrid Tip Connector improves glide and efficiency
- Alpinist Plush material balances between grip and glide
- Trim tool, skin savers, and skin pouch included
- Item #GGG002L
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I think that these are a very cool idea for a few reasons.
1) it is easy to transitions with less glue attached to your ski.
2) it is lighter than a traditional skin.
I don't like it because.
1) I don't feel that the plastic part of the skin provides much traction.
2) The plastic is fairly rigid and hard to collapse. ( my pack is usually tight on space and this take up a lot of it.
Over all I think it is a good idea, but I would suggest getting a normal skin unless you are really looking to try something new.
3) Also the plastic is nearly impossible to cut with a G3 skin cutter.
I have Dynastar Cham 97 2.0 skis for man
Which size of G3 skin is good for me ?
My E-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.