Select Style & Size:
Alpinist+ Grip Climbing Skin
As you gain the final pitch of the ridge to reach the summit, the exposed snow between you and your goal is most vulnerable to the treachery of the sun and wind. The slope is icy and barren from the unrelenting elements, and only a climbing skin with uncompromising grip could usher you to the top of such a daunting peak. This is the type of scenario where the Alpinist+ Grip Climbing Skin from G3 shines brightest, thanks to its unique blend of mohair and synthetic materials developed to maximize grip in an already-grippy line of performance climbing skins. The plush nylon layup is ideal for steep ascents and skin tracks that have fallen prey to pesky melt and re-freeze cycles, yielding slippery ice. This grip-focused version of the Alpinist climbing skin implements carefully reinforced areas directly underfoot to supply crucial traction for lightweight and efficient grip in a variety of snow conditions.
- Performance climbing skin supplies extra grip on steep and icy slopes
- Stiff and rigid skin-tip material prevents snow from creeping under
- Elongated tail strap with camming clip stays in position
- Self-aligning tip clips quickly adhere to a variety of tip shapes
- Non-toxic adhesive maintains stick over endless skin-track laps
- Trim tool and storage bag included
- Item #GGGW195
- Tip Attachment
- Tail Attachment
- [extra-small] 150-166cm, [small] 161-177cm, [medium] 172-188cm, [large] 183-199cm
- Skin Savers Included
- Claimed Weight
- [100mm] 9oz, [115mm] 10oz, [130mm] 11oz, [145mm] 12,oz
- Recommended Use
- backcountry skiing, ski mountaineering
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year limited
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.