First Chair 10 Ski Boot
When your alarm goes off early on Saturday morning, get yourself out of bed and get in the car with your Full Tilt First Chair 10 Ski Boot in tow. You'll eventually have to take your feet out of your favorite slippers, but with the First Chair's foam liner, open toe box, and free flexing cuff, your feet won't even miss them.
Earning the distinction as the stiffest boot in Full Tilt's lineup, the First Chair 10 comes in at a 10 out of 10 on Full Tilt's stiffness scale to get you shredding all over the mountain. A tool-less lean angle allows you to adjust the boot from all-mountain friendly to aggressive-freeride performance to match your daily needs. On top of that, the brand takes fit pretty seriously, using a flexible 3-piece FTS Soul shell that wraps around your ankle and foot with security, but none of the digging and pinching your poor ski racing friends are always whining about. A 99mm last accommodates medium-to-narrow feet, and an open toe box gives your toes room to splay out as you adjust your balance heading into filthy pillow lines.
As with other Full Tilt boots, the First Chair 10 gives you free reign to play around with fit and feel. Swap out the tongue for a softer flex to duck into the park for the day, adjust the lateral angle and forward lean easily at home, and crank down the power strap for a little extra reassurance when you head to the steeps. Inside the boot, foam liner will bend and yield to all of the awkward lumps and bumps your feet have earned from years of skiing, ensuring you have a responsive fit you can count on when you're staring down a gun barrel chute. Aluminum buckles with cable closure dial in the right fit without numbing your toes, and rubber soles along the toe and heel provide traction and grip when the bootpack gets exposed.
- Very stiff flex ski boot for bell-to-bell, all-mountain dominion
- 99mm last accommodates medium to narrow feet and enhances precision
- Ribbed tongue enables natural liner flex to eliminate shin bang
- Flex can be adjusted from 1-10 simply by switching the tongue
- Tool-less forward lean angle adjusts from all-mountain to freeride
- Thermo-moldable Intuition liner delivers a light and warm fit
- J-Bar foam piece at ankle keeps feet in place for precise control
- Dual material at toe and heel provides traction on any surface
- Item #FLT001Q
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
"Full tilts are infamous for their boot's bottomless flex. It increases the confidence I've had for sending cliffs and jumps because I have yet to experience any form of shin bang and the landings are much softer than in any previous boot I've tried. The flex 10 tongue is a good middle ground between park and all mountain, but it feels a little soft when compared to my previous 120 flex dalbello boots."
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I love these boots. Flex 10 tongues are the way to go. Intuition wrap around liner is so great as well. Perfect boot.