Though Competitive was founded as a roadie operation, switchbacks and singletrack are undeniably fun. It does present a variation on the classic n+1 bike dilemma; namely, figuring out how to assemble a full wardrobe of road and mountain kit. The Ripley Long-Sleeve Women's Jersey is Fox Racing's answer. It's got the just-tailored-enough silhouette of a competitive XC jersey but it leaves the painted-on fit to our skinny-tire jerseys. It's versatile enough to be the only jersey you'll need for any off-road riding this side of 8in gravity runs.
Despite its trail-specific fit, the Ripley is made with a TruDri material that'd be just as at home on the road—not that we'd go this baggy on our road machines. Whatever the case, TruDri wicks moisture and ventilates to keep things as pleasant as possible while you're cleaning rocky climbs or hiking your bike out of a brush-lined ravine after overcooking a berm. The jersey's equipped with a stash pocket for a lift pass, and it's got finishing touches like reflective details that we expect on our road kit but are presently surprised to find on trail gear.
- A versatile mountain bike jersey for all types of trial riding
- Synthetic material wicks moisture and ventilates on hot climbs
- Trail fit is the perfect complement for any day on the dirt
- Stash pocket for securing lift or shuttle passes
- Reflective details help keep you visible while riding to the trailhead for post-work laps
- Item #FXR01WT
- Q & A
Perfect DH Jersey
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
This is the perfect jersey for protecting the wife when riding just downhill. Light enough to not be super hot, but gives her coverage enough to prevent any cuts if she bails.