Temporarily Out Of Stock
Don't get too bummed. This item is on the way and will be available for purchase as soon as it rolls into the warehouse.
Can't wait? Consider one of the other Men's Mountain Shorts & Pants we have in stock.View Similar Products
Defend 2-in-1 Winter Short
These hybrid shorts integrate a thermal base layer tight with a waterproof short to keep you warm and dry during winter mountain bike rides. The outer shell-short's 3-layer waterproof construction remains breathable for days when you're riding hard, and features taped seams in strategic areas to keep mud and slush from seeping through. For impact resistance, the brushed thermal tight has built-in pockets that fit Fox's F3 or D3O protective knee inserts for some added coverage against slippery rock and root sections.
- Stay warm and protected in these winter mountain bike shorts
- Waterproof outer short keeps you dry in less-than-ideal conditions
- Brushed thermal tight helps you stay warm on frigid days
- Outer shell-short features taped seams for added water-resistance
- Built-in pockets accommodate Fox protective knee inserts
- Zippered water-resistant hand pockets hold your riding supplies
- Stash pocket on waistband keeps keys and cards secure
- Item #FXR039E
- [face fabric] 3-layer breathable waterproof fabric (95% nylon, 5% spandex), [liner tight] 52% nylon, 32% polyester, 16% elastane
- 2 water-resistant zippered hand pockets, 1 stash pocket on waistband
- Recommended Use
- cross-country, downhill, enduro, mud/sand/snow, trail
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
December 12, 2019
Good but could be better
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 6` 0"
- 172 lbs
These fit me well (6'0", 172lbs, 33" inseem), the quality of the materials is excellent. The liner is NOT removable, but it is the expensive Fox Tecbase Pro type, which is the best I've used so far. The short part is water proof, while the leggings are warm (ridden them as low as 3C temp so far). I use them with my Fox F3 knee inserts and they stay put well enough. My main complaint is that because the leggings and the shorts are fused at the crotch, it's difficult to get them to hug my body, so each time I stand up they ride down and then when I sit back down on the saddle this pulls on the leggings. You get used to it, but this has a side effect of twisting the leggings a bit, which will affect the placement the knee pads a little. Lastly; the waistband is not adjustable, so at least for me, a jersey with an extended back flap is a must when wearing these pants, as the aforementioned issue with the crotch causes the pants to ride down a little during transitions into and out of the saddle..
October 4, 2019
The thermal tight with built in pockets for compatibility with F3 Armor Knee Inserts. do the F3 inserts come with this? Are the shorts & tight separate ?
October 15, 2019
Tim, Thanks for the question. The liner is removable, and the F3 or D3O® knee pads are sold separately.