The lightness is real
The cross-country Ascent line comes closest of all of Fox Racing's off-road kit to mimicking the slim minimalism of road kit. Given that, it's not necessarily surprising that the Ascent Glove is the brand's lightest, most minimalist long-finger glove.
Even the branding and cuff are minimized, with Fox forgoing its usual moto-inspired branding and coverage in favor of simple block letters and abbreviated, mid-wrist coverage. We should note that, in this case, minimalist construction doesn't mean substandard—in fact, the opposite is true. The Ascent's body is made from Lycra, and the palm is 100% goatskin, a combination that rides light, protects your palms, and keeps bar feel on-point.
- Minimalist mountain biking gloves with a barely-there feel
- Lycra and leather combine for premium comfort and durability
- Index and thumb are touch-screen compatible for easy phone use
- Mid-length wrist cuff ensures the fit stays snug and secure
- Item #FXR02H7
- Q & A
Greeaaaat Gloves! But getting shredded
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I love these gloves. They are pretty soft and comfy on the uphill, protect the shaking on the downhill, and they aren't super warm because of that 4 way stretch on the back! However, the Goat Leather is already ripping on it. I'm going to see if Fox can do anything, but I would be willing to buy them again they are so good!