The brand new Flow Nexus Hybrid Snowboard Binding is a versatile all-around binding for the rider who might be cruising groomers or lapping the park one day and search for pow stashes the next. It has a medium flex so you can go from sliding boxes to bombing steeps without skipping a beat, and it offers superior comfort so you can keep going until the lifts stop turning.
The Hybrid PowerStrap still has Flow's signature rear-entry system to make getting in and out of your bindings quick and convenient—just set the tightness once and you're good to go—but also allows you to strap in the traditional way when you're on steep, powdery slopes that make rear entry difficult. The large ankle strap distributes pressure evenly for better comfort without sacrificing a secure fit.
The Rockered baseplate makes minimal contact with your board to channel power directly where you need it, and it has rounded edges to allow your board to flex naturally underfoot. Canted footbeds are angled 2.5-degrees to align your legs in a more natural position for improved comfort and less calf fatigue, and they absorb impacts and chatter to cushion landings and smooth out the ride. LSR buckles make it quick and easy to make fit adjustments on the fly. Finally, the Multidisk offers universal compatibility so you can mount this binding to any board you please.
- UniBack highback
- Glass-filled nylon rockered baseplate
- Medium flex
- 2.5-degree canted footbed
- Hybrid PowerStrap
- Locking Slap Ratchets
- Universal disc
- Item #FLO002Z
- Q & A
Do not buy these
Literally these are a piece. They broke the 3rd time wearing them and EVO (maybe backcountry has better policies and will help more then EVO) won't return cause its past the 30 days, but even better... they just don't work. I ride with Adidas Samba size 8 and bought the large bindings and the boot won't fit into the easy binding insert, it's too thin. Then if you want to use them like regular bindings like they swear you can, the back doesn't stay up. FLOW was super hard to get a hold of ( took them over 2 months to respond to my emails, never called me back) and really aren't a good company anymore. Don't buy FLOW products if you are smart!!
Destroyed my feet
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I bought these and had to exchange them. The normal flow top strap seems to distribute the tension equally and doesn't cause weird pressure points. On these bindings the tension goes straight to the ball of your foot. I've had bindings be weird on your ankle or the top of your foot but never had it cause soreness to the point of being unable to walk on the flat of my foot.
They look great, I had high hopes but in the end I went back to some Burton Missions which are very comfortable
Your boot may vary....
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
Bought these looking for a slide in binding. I am a casual rider and am starting to teach my nieces. I was looking for something to just kick in and out of easily. I have a size 11 US nitro boot and bought an XL binding for sizes 10.5 to 15 US.
I never even made it to the mountain, let alone my livingroom with them, here is why:
-feels like quality parts
- despite being an XL the binding is very narrow at the heel for a sz 11US nitro boot.
- instructions included are not for this binding. The one in the paper work did not have any information about removing the footbed for the disc installation or the adjustment of the footbed.
- hybrid straps suck. The toe strap and the over the foot strap are anchored by one "V" strap. Even though I used a XL binding, well below the median size for this range, the fact these straps had to move together made it impossible to keep the toe snug and foot secured.
- even with the setting loose or snug, i could not "kick" into these bindings. The toe of the boot would either hit the hybrid over foot strap or the toe strap would move out of place from being attached directly to the other strap.
(I would think the non hybrid one would be less cumbersome, but the fact that the base/footbed were so narrow for an XL I didn't even bother)
I have ordered GNU Psych bindings, the design seems to be more thoughtful. I hope they are decent quality.
XL bindings were small for even size 11 boot. Front hybrid strap design is restricting/cumbersome. Instructions were not useful at all. Can't imagine this being faster or easier than my traditional Ride EX bindings.