Fully-adjustable, supportive, and eco-friendly.
Fjallraven's Kajka 85 Backpack handles heavy loads with a comfy carry for all your week-long adventures. Its Perfect Fit Adjustment System accommodates hikers of all sizes, with a backpanel that adjusts vertically and horizontally to ensure a custom fit. Unlike most frames, Fjallraven made the Kajka's out of wood for the same support and functionality as metal frames, but in a more environmentally-concsious construction.
The Kajka is a traditional top loader with a removable top lid, and Fjallraven added a front panel access for easy packing and unpacking. Its sleeping bag compartment features Fjallraven's Wet/Dry divider to keep wet clothes separate from dry clothes. Zippered pockets at the lid, sides, and waist belt offer plenty of organization options, and compression straps offer a secure load for a stable carry through the woods.
- Perfect Fit Adjustment System
- Wooden frame
- Front panel access
- Removable top lid
- Sleeping bag compartment
- Wet/Dry divider
- Zippered pockets at lid, sides, and waist belt
- Compression straps
- Item #FJR004V
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Plenty of space to fit large size items, great fabric quality. Ideal for long trips. Great design and nice looking wooden frame. Very comfortable and adjustable.
1. When they're listing the volume of the Kajka packs, are they including the volume of the hood and side pockets or just the main chamber?
2. Is there any way to find out what the length of the stays are on the 85L?
I've got a friend that is really looking into this pack, but is having trouble finding many reviews on it. Do any of your Gear Specialists have any feedback for him? Or could you point him in the right direction?