Calves a burnin'. Feet a stickin'.
Slab climbing is a special form of suffering that few really enjoy, but it's a crucial technique if you ever want to scale Yosemite's impressive granite. Your calves might be burning from what feels like hours of standing on your tiptoes, and you may feel like you're going to cheese-grate past the last bolt you clipped, but at least your feet are sticking with tons of help from Five Ten's comfy Stonelands VCS Climbing Shoe. That's because this popular shoe boasts Five-Ten's grippy Stealth C4 rubber sole for reliable traction on the slipperiest slabs. This shoe's stiff midsole conserves your foot strength for all-day climbs—it can't do anything about your calves though—and it's a practical choice for learning how to climb in the gym.
- Five Ten's best-selling climbing shoe for gyms and slabs
- Low, flat asymmetry assures comfort on multi-pitches or lessons
- Stealth C4 rubber offers unparalleled traction for slippery climbs
- Split-grain leather upper stretches up to a half size
- Moisture-wicking terrycloth lining and padded tongue for comfort
- Item #FVT002K