Select style & size:Select options
Like a fish in the water.
You may already aware of this, but fish need clean and cool water to thrive, and the thing about water is that it just happens to be pretty wet—shocking, right? Playing to your common sense, Fishpond designed its Thunderhead Submersible Large Duffel with a waterproof and fully submersible design to keep your gear completely dry whether you flip your boat on the North Fork of the Salmon (not that you'd ever do that) or get caught out on a remote logging road with a pickup truck full of gear in search of winter steelhead somewhere on the Olympic Peninsula.
The first thing you need to know about Fishpond is that it makes most of its products with recycled materials (mainly recycled commercial fishing nets) to ease its environmental impact and reduce the amount of plastics that make it to our oceans and waterways. It's because of this that Fishpond built its Thunderhead bag with a 100% recycled 840D nylon and added a welded TPU construction to completely seal out water. Making a bag from recycled materials doesn't do much good if you're just going to throw it away in a year, so Fishpond made sure that the Thunderhead was burly enough to withstand the wear and tear that comes with float trips, air travel, and truck beds. The handles are made with braided climbing rope, so they won't blow out on you when you're throwing the bag around, and the padded backpack-style carry straps allow you to shoulder this bag comfortably when you're hoofing it down to the rental car agency in Anchorage.
- A waterproof duffel bag designed with anglers in mind
- Recycled fabric with a welded TPU construction
- Tizip main cargo zipper is completely submersible
- Aquaguard water-resistant zippered side pockets
- Braided climbing rope handles are built to last
- Tuck-away straps allow the bag to be hauled like a backpack
- Daisy chain webbing for attaching accessories and rod tubes
- Extra gear straps included
- Item #FSH002O