Travers CC Ski Boot
- Light backcountry ski boot built for long tours and mountaineering
- Carbon cuff and Kevlar midsole accommodate stiffness without weight
- 100mm last balances comfort with a secure, precise feel
- Boa closure system ensures a snug fit without weighty buckles
- Walk mode allows a massive 80-degree cuff rotation for easy hiking
- Thermo-moldable liner and lower shell provide customized comfort
- Item #FISH010
- Q & A
Downhill was pretty terrible
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I skied this boot for a month or so and really wanted to love it but it just wasn't for me...
The only pro I would say it is light and it walks pretty well given low resistance cuff rotation and range of motion. Although, the range of motion is far greater than I ever needed. Maybe for the yoga class, I would use a full range of motion with this boot.
The skiing was pretty terrible. The boot is stiff but it feels more like a bear trap crunching your shins rather than a supportive platform. The heel plastics seem so fragile if anyone was to take a jump it could easily crack. The boa strings are cool but they tighten the whole foot at once. Meaning that by the time they tighten the upper foot near ankle your midfoot will be crunched (I have wider feet).
Exchanged this boot to a different one and it ended up being a far greater experience.