Select style & size:Select options
Transalp Vario Ski Poles
- Adjustable ski pole for backcountry skiing
- Titanal reinforcement in the shaft adds durable strength
- Long foam handle for different grip positions on variable terrain
- Locking lever makes adjustment easy, even in cold temperatures
- Item #FIS007R
- Q & A
comfy, easy to use for ski touring
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I picked up a set of these for the 18/19 winter and used them hassle free all winter. The long foam grip provides lots of hand position options when side-hilling or in really steep terrain. That foam grip also does not transmit "cold" like a normal plastic grip, so hands stay warmer. The titanal has a nice characteristic to it in terms of shock absorption (not a harsh feeling like some aluminum poles) and swing weight is barely noticeable. The pole baskets are well done and work well in variable snow depths. Lastly, the quick release mechanism is trouble free AND there is a little collar above the basket with which the QR can interact to get these poles darn short for a single adjustment point pole for carrying on your pack.
I'd recommend to anyone looking for a set of high quality, touring-specific poles.