Take the path less traveled.
You could stick to the Nordic track with all the other skiers, or you could find your own adventure with Fisher's S-Bound 98 Crown Ski. Fisher designed and shaped the S-Bound ski to handle difficult terrain in the backcountry, with a Nordic rocker camber shape that enables easier turning while maneuvering through unpacked trees and rocks. Ground for speed, the smooth Sintec base helps you cruise down, and the narrow steel edges assure consistent edging on any terrain. Fisher's unique Offtrack Crown lets you attach an Easy Skin quickly and, well, easily. Air channels in the wood core keep the S-Bound light without compromising the ski's overall pressure distribution.
- Backcounty Nordic ski for exploring new terrain
- Nordic rocker camber eases turning and edging
- Speed-ground Sintec base with narrow steel edges
- Offtrack Crown is compatible with Fisher's Easy Skin
- Air channels integrated into wood core to reduce weight
- Item #FIS003B
- Q & A
Super Fun Ski
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I use this mainly for longer and lower angle tours here in the Wasatch. There is no doubt that an alpine ski, dynafit boots / bindings would offer way better control on the downhill, but these paired with some light duty 3 pin boots and bindings are a WAY cheaper way to go. The scales on the bases stick really well on good snow, and the metal edges make them reasonably competent for skiing downhill.