Select style & size:Select options
- All-around boot for classic skiing
- Turnamic performance sole promotes balance
- Soft flex for a smooth kick and extended glide
- Triple F membrane seals out snow and slush
- Foam cushioning is comfortable and insulating
- Comfort Guard insulation defends the forefoot from cold
- Molded heel cap holds heel in place
- Fischer Fresh resists unpleasant odors
- Item #FIS004W
- Q & A
Comfortable boots with nice features
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I used this boots only a few times so far, but the initial impression is very positive.
I was pleasantly surprised by the effectiveness of Triple F membrane. In the past, my socks would be wet after a day of skiing and the lining of the boots would get so wet that I worried whether they would dry overnight. (The previous boot was Fischer with Thinsulate lining.) With Triple F membrane, the socks & the boot lining get a little damp, but that's about it. The lining of the boot manages moisture very effectively!
The boots also manage temperature quite well, at least down to mid-teens.
The Speedlock feature is nice: it allows you to adjust the tension in the laces quickly the easily--and keep that tension throughout the day. Once you are skiing, you can loosen the laces a little without removing gloves.
This boot appears to fit true to size. The molded heel cup--and lot's of moldable foam in the back--keep the heel locked nicely. I have narrow feet, so creating a good fit took some fiddling--I ended up adding an extra insole--but after that the boot became both stable and comfortable. I have a sense that these boots benefit from a little time to break in/mold to your foot, but after that they are a pleasure.
About me: I ski once a week, typically 10-15 miles at a time. I do most skiing on groomed trails.
Let it snow!