Get up and get after it.
Patrolling the slopes is a tough job, but if you don't do it no one will, so jump on the Fischer Ranger 89 Women's Ski and make sure no one's pillaging the powder and grabbing the groomers before you spin a few laps in the name of quality control. The Ranger's the perfect partner for conducting all-mountain operations, with a versatile 89mm waist, snow-smoothing Freeski rocker, and a comfortable 17m sidecut that lets you vary your turn shape and be equally comfortable cruising or pushing the speed limit. Fischer built it on a poplar wood core, which gives you a firm and smooth-flexing platform for serious adventuring and used its special Air Tec Ti milling process to remove a significant amount of the core material, keeping weight down without messing with the flex.
That's just skimming the surface of the 89's tech, though. Fischer's put a bunch of effort into designing what it calls Aeroshape technology, which concentrates the weight of the ski in the center, making it more resistant to torsional twisting, which can turn a solid carve into a scary, squirrely turn. The Carbon Tech layup keeps things stiff but smooth, and the carbon tip reduces the flap that can plague rockered skis. If that's still not enough for you, take heart in Fischer's women-specific mounting point, which sets your weight up closer to the front of the ski for easier turning, letting you save your muscles so you can spend more time ripping and less time resting.
- All-mountain skis ideal for varied terrain and variable conditions
- 89mm waist width makes medium-radius turns on firm snow
- Tip and tip tail rocker with traditional camber underfoot
- Poplar wood core with torsionally stiff carbon fiber laminates
- Carbon inlay in shovel reduces chatter at high speeds
- Titanium laminate enhances torsional rigidity
- Women-specific mounting point for easier turning
- Item #FIS002O