Select style & size:Select options
If only Nordic was this smooth all the time.
- Fischer's top model for skating and summer training
- Air composite construction absorbs shock to perform smoothly
- Razor shape base ensures sufficient clearance with high kick angles
- Double-sealed bearings provide smooth precision
- Compatible with Fischer's Rollerski Skate Binding and RC or RCS Roller Shoes
- Item #FIS007T
- Q & A
Low Impact, Great Training
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Having picked up Skate skiing last winter, and only get a taste for the fitness it offered, I was stoked to grab a pair of these to continue training in the summer.
Coupled with the Fischer Rollerski NIS binding, these roller skis have a great flex pattern. mimic the action of a skate ski, and provide a great LOW IMPACT high intensity workout.
I've had a hard time with road running the last few years due to injuries and general fatigue/soreness. Rollerskiing provides a full body workout, minimal impact on my joints/bones and drives strength in my muscles both upper and lower body.
They work best on bike paths, loop roads in parks, and low traffic neighborhoods. I took them down to Moab and rode on the bike path next to the river below the towering walls and it was a great way to get a workout in between climbing objectives.
If you have a disdain for running, want to get into skate skiing, and enjoy moving efficiently in your workouts, i'd give rollerskiing a try. As far as drylan training go, it's improved my times for ski touring, hiking, trail running, and keeps my upper body fit.