R5 Artica Cycling Shoe
For the worst winter conditions, many would opt for the indoor trainer rather than risking damp feet or cold toes midway through some deep winter base miles. Fortunately, Fizik makes a shoe that keeps your feet warm and dry even when snow is prevalent and the roads are particularly wet. The R5 Artica Cycling Shoe offers substantial protection from the elements without compromising anything you'd get from a performance-oriented road shoe.
The Artica R5 is fully waterproof, using a membrane that blocks out water while maintaining breathability for more intense training sessions. The Microtex-reinforced uppers provide support, with a fleece-lined interior to keep your feet cozy and warm when the temperatures drop. The shoes use an internal speed-lacing system to quickly dial-in the fit, with a waterproof outer zipper to keep out precipitation and road spray. Lastly, a carbon composite outsole ensures efficient power transfer while keeping the overall weight of the shoe down.
- Waterproof, insulated cycling shoes for cold and wet conditions
- Membrane blocks water yet allows breathability during hard efforts
- Microtex-reinforced uppers provide structural support for your feet
- Fleece-lined interior keeps your feet warm when temperatures drop
- Carbon composite sole is light & delivers efficient power transfer
- Speed laces allow quick, accurate fit & have waterproof outer zipper
- Item #FIZ006R
- Q & A
Pretty warm but odd shape
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: 41.5
- Height: 5'7"
- Weight: 148lbs
What do I mean by that? I mean my feet are a lot warmer in these boots than shoe covers ever were able to keep them. But, because the bridge over the arch is so tight, I cannot wear nice wool socks in them which would keep me even warmer.