Select a Size
Select a Color
R5 Artica Cycling Shoe
For the worst winter conditions, many would opt for the indoor trainer rather than risking damp feet or cold toes midway through some deep winter base miles. Fortunately, Fizik makes a shoe that keeps your feet warm and dry even when snow is prevalent and the roads are particularly wet. The R5 Artica Cycling Shoe offers substantial protection from the elements without compromising anything you'd get from a performance-oriented road shoe.
The Artica R5 is fully waterproof, using a membrane that blocks out water while maintaining breathability for more intense training sessions. The Microtex-reinforced uppers provide support, with a fleece-lined interior to keep your feet cozy and warm when the temperatures drop. The shoes use an internal speed-lacing system to quickly dial-in the fit, with a waterproof outer zipper to keep out precipitation and road spray. Lastly, a carbon composite outsole ensures efficient power transfer while keeping the overall weight of the shoe down.
- Waterproof, insulated cycling shoes for cold and wet conditions
- Membrane blocks water yet allows breathability during hard efforts
- Microtex-reinforced uppers provide structural support for your feet
- Fleece-lined interior keeps your feet warm when temperatures drop
- Carbon composite sole is light & delivers efficient power transfer
- Speed laces allow quick, accurate fit & have waterproof outer zipper
- Item #FIZ006R
- Upper Material
- waterproof and breathable membrane, Microtex-reinforced shell
- fleece upper, aluminum foil underside
- speed lace with waterproof outer zipper
- Fizik Winter Edition cycling insole
- carbon-reinforced nylon
- Cleat Compatibility
- 3-hole road
- Claimed Weight
- [size 42.5] 380g
- Recommended Use
- road cycling
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
May 10, 2020
great winter shoe
- I've put it through the wringer
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 10"
- 159 lbs
I have owned these (road version) for over 2 years now, lots of cold weather and wet rides. These have worked great for me. In prolonged heavy rains, the feet will eventually get wet, but not cold. I have ridden these to well below freezing and my feet were warm for up to 2.5 hours. I was initially concerned about the zipper, but everything has held up well. I did not size up (size 42 just like my summer Lake and Sidi shoes), yet these allow for winter socks, pretty perfect. The pull string shoe tightening works, but does not lock down the foot like a summer BOA or twin BOA shoe (that is why I gave "only" 4 stars). At the same time, no pressure points on top of my feet (a la Sidi Diablo, which I also own but no longer use), so I am happy.
December 2, 2019
Pretty warm but odd shape
- I've used it several times
- Runs small
- Size Bought
- 5` 7"
- 148 lbs
What do I mean by that? I mean my feet are a lot warmer in these boots than shoe covers ever were able to keep them. But, because the bridge over the arch is so tight, I cannot wear nice wool socks in them which would keep me even warmer.