Temporarily Out Of Stock
Don't get too bummed. This item is on the way and will be available for purchase as soon as it rolls into the warehouse.
Can't wait? Consider one of the other Alpine Touring Skis we have in stock.View Similar Products
Too good to be true.
It's pretty surprising that Faction could make such a fat ski that weighs around four pounds per plank. The Prime achieves such a phenomenal weight with its hybrid wood core comprised of balsa with flax fibers that deliver a stiff flex (9/10 on Faction's flex scale). Just like any light ski, the Prime 4.0 has two carbon laminates to assure the proper stiffness required for charging without chattering. Faction was even able to add a titanal plate where you mount your bindings so they don't pop off after a few seasons. The ski's Microcap construction is similar to a durable sandwich construction with vertical sidewalls, except the edges dip down ever so slightly to increase durability.
- Freeride ski rides resort or backcountry with equal prowess
- Fat 118mm waist has a penchant for powder
- Rocker tip & tail navigate soft, deep snow with ease
- Camber underfoot holds an edge on the occasional icy section
- Multi-dimension sidecut allows a tight or wide turn radius
- Hybrid wood core keeps the ski around three pounds each
- Textreme carbon laminates ensure a moderate flex
- Item #FSK001G