Prime 4.0 Ski
Faction's Prime 4.0 Ski blends lightweight efficiency on the skintrack with a hard-charging freeride personality that excels in the backcountry and the resort. A fat 118 millimeter waist makes it the widest offering in Faction's Prime lineup, meaning it craves the deepest days and biggest, most visionary lines. The heavily rockered tip and tail easily float you through the fresh snow, and also give the ski a nimble, easy-to-turn feel, while a helping of underfoot camber serves up a reliable edge hold on unexpectedly firm snow.
The Prime weighs in at just over eight pounds per pair, which is mostly thanks to its hybrid wood core: a combination of balsa, flax, and poplar. This construction, while light, is also impressively powerful and damp, offering superior edge hold and a smooth, responsive feel. A carbon laminate keeps this ski stiff so you can charge fast without the chatter, and Faction even added a Titanal mounting plate for a more secure platform that'll last you seasons.
- Freeride ski to get creative in the resort or backcountry
- Fat 118mm waist craves powder and big lines
- Rockered tip and tail floats in the fresh
- Underfoot camber grips unexpected hardpack with ease
- Multi-dimensional sidecut is maneuverable in tight spaces
- Wood core is lightweight on the ascent and powerful on the descent
- Carbon laminate offers a stiff, stable feel at speed
- Skin tab at tail for fast, easy transitions
- Item #FSK002L