Dictator 4.0 Ski
If the biggest peaks and most heart-pounding lines are all part of your everyday playground, then the Faction Dictator 4.0 Ski might be the ski for you. This big mountain charger was designed to take on the deepest backcountry powder lines, and with you at the helm you can bet it'll live up to its potential and then some. The 115mm waist gives you tons of control and maneuverability in the deep snow, and thanks to the rockered tip you'll be surfing down solitary peaks and pillowy tree lines with ease. There's also a camber underfoot for better edge control on those ultra-steep, white-knuckle runs that require a few jump turns before you can let things fly. The slightly-rockered flat-tail also helps you navigate chutes and couloirs, letting you drift, slash, and schmear whenever you need too.
A full sandwich construction gives you the durability you need for seasons worth of hard-charging freeride missions, while the paulownia and poplar core keeps things lightweight and gives you plenty of responsiveness to let you adjust on the fly when you're sailing through waist-deep woods. This lightweight wood core balances out the dual layers of titanal, which work to dampen vibrations when you're really charging and keep your ride stable through all terrain, including choppy and changeable snow. The tail-clipping in the back will let you easily clip in your skins and hit the trail, because you know that with the lines you're after, you're gonna need a ski like this.
- Fat freeride powder ski for huge lines in the backcountry
- 115mm waist cuts turns in waist deep snow without hesitation
- Rockered tip ensures a floaty ride on powder-filled peaks
- Camber underfoot and flat tail ensure edge control in steep chutes
- Fusion Light core is light weight and responsive for quick cuts
- Titanal layers keep stability at speed and in changing snow
- Sandwich construction provides reliable durability
- Skin-clip accommodates man-powered missions to backcountry lines
- Item #FSK002F
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
These are some gnarly skis. Very solid build and stiff construction make it a great tool taking control of the mountain. The wide waste on these let you float through powder like a dream and the overall rocker-camber design helps retain responsiveness in tight places. They also perform remarkably well on hard pack and through chunder fields.
If you're into hard charging big slopes then these skis are highly recommended.