3 Fall Style Pointers For Off-Mountain Moments
Pro Tips From Our Basin + Range Line Manager
From monochromatic ski kits to a dialed off-mountain look, we like to look good no matter what we’re doing. So we asked Annette—the line manager for our brand Basin + Range—to give us her insights into how to elevate your style when you’re not hiking or skiing. She also details how you can nail each look with new fall staples from Basin + Range. From pairing oversized Sherpa styles with fitted denim to layering pointers, get your look ready for the season.
1. Pair Oversized Styles With Fitted Ones
As the mercury drops, we crave cold-weather staples like oversized sweaters, warm jackets, and joggers. But how do you make all that billowy style look good? By pairing those larger staples with fitted pieces, or as Annette says: “Fitted goes with volume whether it’s tiny top with volume bottom or volume top with skinny bottom.”
4 Ways To Try It:
- An oversized Sherpa jacket with our NUX leggings in a fun fall hue for post-workout style.
- Sherpa joggers with a form-fitting crop top, like our high neck bra top.
- A flowy (and oh-so-soft) shacket with skinny denim (which will forever hold a place in our hearts and closets).
- Mix-and-match your priorities with a fishermans sweater and bike short.
2. Elevate Cozy Essentials
While we love a good pair of sweatpants when we’re WFH, we usually add a little sophistication to the outfit if the coffee shop calls our name. By adding pieces with more structure—like denim or button-up tops—to cozy essentials, you can create a look that easily moves from workout of the day to cafe au lait.
3 Ways To Try It:
3. Build Around Statement Pieces
Sometimes all you need to tie together a look is a statement piece. From a wide brim hat that instantly elevates camp hair to jackets in timeless prints, adding an extra layer or accessory turns your look from thrown-on to put-together.
5 Ways To Try It:
- Our Cocoon Cardigan is a great layering piece with Sherpa joggers and a bra crop top.
- Our plaid sherpa hooded jacket adds a fun pattern to a denim-on-denim combo of our button-down denim shirt and skinny jeans.
- Add the shacket over a sweater and jeans.
- Cover up hat hair with a timeless flat brim Gigi Pip hat.
- Belt in the sherpa vest to add definition.