Why We Like The SynMat HL Sleeping Pad
Innovative and lightweight, the Exped SynMat HL Sleeping Pad delivers us dependable warmth and comfort—without weighing down our pack. The SynMat HL features a tapered design that's built to fit in a variety of tents, including 1-person sleeping accommodations, in turn making it an ideal companion for fast-and-light, 3-season adventures.
Tough 20D fabric keeps the weight to a minimum, without sacrificing durability, while the anti-slip GripSkin coating prevents you from sliding around on your pad in the middle of the night. The included Schnozzel Pumpbag ensures that you're able to inflate the mat with ease, and is designed so you don't have to waste your breath huffing and puffing into your mat. As a result, the pump prevents humidity from affecting the effectiveness of the insulation.
- Keep your pack weight to a minimum with this pad
- 3.3 R-value for comfort in chillier temperatures
- Microfiber insulation keeps you cozy warm
- Tapered shape cuts down on unnecessary weight
- Stuff sack and repair kit are included
- Schnozzel Pumpbag makes for quick inflation
- Item #XPD003U
- [top] 20D polyester, TPU polyether film, Honeycomb Gripskin, [bottom] 20D polyester, TPU polyether film
- air pad
- [M, MW, LW] (thickness) 2.8in, [M] (length x shoulder width x foot width) 72 x 20.5 x 13.8in, [MW] (length x shoulder width x foot width) 72 x 25.6 x 16.5in, [LW] (length x shoulder width x foot width) 77.6 x 25.6 x 15.7in
- Temperature Rating
- yes, Schnozzel Pumpbag
- Stuff Sack
- Packed Size
- [M] 5 x 9in, [MW] 5.25 x 9in, [LW] 5.25 x 11in
- Claimed Weight
- [M] 12.3oz, [MW] 14.6oz, [LW] 15.7oz
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 5 years
3 based on 2 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
August 7, 2020
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- 5' 11"
Wow. What a piece of ??. I don?t often review products but I had to give 1 star on this. You are better off buying a $5 pool floaty. I literally got 5 holes in this in my first camp trip with it. Sticks must have punctured it through the tent. Not durable AT ALL. Stay away.
July 1, 2020
Quiet ultralite backpack option
- I've used it several times
Now that I'm a bit older, I like some comfort when backpacking so I can sleep well and enjoy the outdoors. I have several brands of pads and this is my new fave for either car camping or backpacking. It's small, incredibly light, fast & easy to inflate w/ the oversized bag, 1 1/2 fills, which doubles as waterproof storage and can be used on other pads with (might take a little muscle & creativity but it works). It makes very little noise when you shift during sleeping, and the valve allows for micro adjustments to fine-tune your sleeping comfort. Well worth the investment and space savings!
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help