Select Style & Size
Iceman Crash Pad
Evolv's Iceman Crash Pad is a smaller version of the Maverick, which makes it the perfect size for shorter boulder problems by itself or, grouped with the Maverick, a great combination for high-ballers. Its dual-density foam combined with a continuous 1 inch layer prevents this medium-sized crash pad from getting dead spots in the landing surface, ensuring you get a soft landing for a long time. The multi-directional closure system keeps your chalk bag and shoes safe while you hike through whatever is between you and your boulder, and the backpack straps can turn into shoulder straps so the hike is easier than ever before.
- Rubberized corners keep the pad from sliding around so you can rest assure that your pad won't roll away while you pull through the crux
- Hook-and-loop closure eliminates dead space so your shoes, chalk bag, twelve pack, etc. won't slowly fall out while hiking
- Back pack straps turn into adjustable shoulder straps for easier transportation depending on the terrain
- Item #EVL3314
- ballistic nylon
- dual density foam, continuous top sheet of 1in closed cell foam
- Carry Mode
- backpack straps, shoulder straps
- Dimensions - Open
- 32 x 42 x 4 in
- Claimed Weight
- 7 lb 6 oz
- Recommended Use
- bouldering, climbing
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
What do you think about this product?
November 22, 2015
Does the job
- I've used it several times
This crash pad is great as a main crash pad and sup padding. Travels easily with the backpack straps and is pretty compact. The only down side I have for it is there's no pouch for your gear. Spending a day bouldering it's nice to have a pocket or something to shove my shoes and water in instead of smooshing everything in the pad
July 27, 2015
Great Crash Pad
I've used this for a couple of months and have had no issues. Pros: Lightweight Small - Easy to carry around Protective Cons: Small - Less than average coverage The con doesn't really take away from the product, as the smaller size is the reason I bought it.
May 12, 2014
- I've put it through the wringer
I got this pad for my old man four years ago. He uses it multiple times per week, and it is still in perfect condition. No complaints at all! Some people who use the larger pads say this pad is too small when they first see it, but after giving it a try they like it too. It has always been perfect for everything we climb - but, we don't really climb SUPER high ball stuff. The backpack straps are comfortable, it is nice and light, and easy to carry. If this one ever wore out, I would buy another - no question.