Select style & size:Select options
Hips Don't Lie.
Hip packs are truly a blessing during summer months. Having our backs free to breathe is quite a relief and has certainty taken a load off of our shoulders. We still want a pack that holds enough water, gear, and food without losing the stability to not bounce around on rough terrain. The Evoc Hip Pack Race fits the bill quite nicely, and it's become an office staple for trail rides and shuttles under 3-4 hours. The pack has enough cargo room and compartments to carry supplies needed to handle most trailside repairs and plenty of food and water to prevent the dreaded bonk or dehydration. A bottle holder can carry an extra bottle if needed, though the included 1.5L bladder will also do its part.
- A low-slung hip pack for mountain biking
- Includes a 1.5Lreservoir for staying hydrated
- Easily adjustable fit secures the pack and maximizes ventilation
- Tool and food compartments store tools, nutrition, and accessories
- Item #EVC002I
- Q & A
The Best One Out There
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
After getting my first hip pack last year I knew I wasn't going back to a backpack from there on out.
The first variations of hip packs definitely lacked the right fit, size and key features. EVOC seemed to put all the missing pieces together on this pack. and absolutely nail an incredible hip pack for riders of all sorts and skill levels.
The only time I find myself riding with a backpack is when I go on LONG rides (3+hours - The whole enchilada, is the last trail I remember using my other EVOC backpack on). The other 98% of the rides I do I stick with this hip pack. After putting this pack through the wringer after a full mtb season here are the pros and cons I've noticed:
- Perfect height and width on the pack. If you have a pack too small or too short, when full it will bounce around. The EVOC race hip pack has the perfect dimensions
- Tool pouch is clutch. The pack includes various areas in the front panel (accompanied by a nice zipper/handle combo) that organizes your Co2, levers, multi tool, hanger and power link all in compact area.
- Size. Perfect sizing for your bladder, a hand pump and other tools listed above
- Magnetic attachment. This pack has a handy magnet so your bladder hose stays nicely on the hip belt without fumbling when you need that quick sip.
- Water bottle holder. Along with the bladder the pack has a nice area for a water bottle that you can fill up with an electrolyte drink (my personal favorite is SIS and Skratch Labs).
- Bladder. The bladder is a legit 1.5L hydra pack (best one out there, IMO)
- Mesh vent. Keeps that lower back from accumulating a pool of sweat and keeps that area fairly cool, even when fully loaded.
- Style. Looks good and feels good:)
- The waist belt adjustment tabs can make attaching the hose of the bladder back to the magnet a little difficult at times.
Hit me up if you're thinking about joining the hip pack revolution and get rid of those shoulder straps. There is nothing like having your back and shoulders free of weight allowing you to shred the "Gnar"