Marana Crank Cycling Shoe
Etnies has a rich history in the BMX world, and has decided to take that expertise to the mountains with the Marana Crank Cycling Shoe. From weekend bike park days to evening trail sessions, the Marana Crank is tested and proven for cross-disciplinary riding. A tacky Michelin rubber sole provides a firm grip on the pedals, while the stiff internal shank ensures all your energy goes toward spinning the cranks. The synthetic uppers are treated with Scotchguard, and feature a Thinsulate liner to keep your feet dry when you're braving the elements.
- Etnies joins the MTB game with this flat pedal riding shoe
- Michelin rubber sole provides tacky grip on the pedals
- Reinforced shank for stiffness and pedaling efficiency
- Durable uppers are treated with Scotchguard for longevity
- Thinsulate liner protects your feet from the elements
- Injected rubber toe cap guards against rock strikes
- Pro Foam insole keeps your feet comfortable all-day
- STI Evolution midsole cushions hard landings
- Item #ETNT87D
- Q & A
Solid Alternative Option
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit was true to size.
- Very solid construction, I don't foresee issues with the shoes falling apart quickly.
- Comfortable out of the box, didn't need a long break-in period like other riding shoes have.
- Pretty good looking for an MTB specific shoe.
- Sole stiffness feels great so far, just enough pedal feel while still providing a firm platform.
- They've been plenty grippy on my Crank Bros Stamp 7 pedals.
- Sole durability seems great.
- If you absolutely need super grip that Five Ten provides, these just aren't quiite there. I'd say they are about 80% as grippy as Impact VXI's or Freerider Contacts.
- While I haven't had issues yet, the heel pocket seems a little shallow and I'm slightly concerned about heel slip in the future.
- Haven't ridden in hot weather yet, but these aren't going to be a very breathable shoe. That being said, I'll take a bit of extra foot protection over breathability any day.
Overall I'm very impressed with this new variation of the Marana. I was expecting less grip and a much softer sole, but these will be my daily riding shoes until they wear out. If you're looking for a change from Five Ten or are just a fan of Etnies, give these a shot!