Select style & size:Select options
TRS Race Carbon Boost Wheel
- E*Thirteen’s burliest carbon wheelset for the rigors of enduro racing
- Hookless carbon rim is strong for confidence charging into rock gardens
- High-engagement hubs respond quickly when ratcheting through tech
- Oversize hub shell and flanges improves lateral and torsional stiffness
- Triple-butted spokes add strength and help keep the wheel true
- Rim width provides a good profile for 2.3 - 2.6in tires
- Includes tubeless tape and valve stems pre-installed, extra spokes
- Item #ETR001J
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I've ridden these for a year now and have no complaints! They are stiff wheels without being overly harsh. So far they have been bombproof. I've ridden hard on my local Squamish trails and done numerous days in the bike park and the wheels are prefect. The hub engagement isn't as good as I9 ( 3 degrees) but these are 6 degrees so better than most hubs out there. My last set of DT's had 10 degrees so these are a noticeable improvement. For the price and Lifetime warranty these are a super solid . 5 stars!
The Hive Is Real
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
So many carbo wheel options out there, so little time. The obvious names are obvious but when E*THIRTEEN COMPONENTS came out with their slightly heavier but lower priced TRS Race Carbon Boost Wheel they may have been on to something. Full disclosure, this is my first carbon wheel and so, first rodeo. But, coming from Stans Arch wheels these things are a revelation.
The wider profile just has tires sucking up most of the terrain, muting what you don't want to feel while not being overly damp or stiff. The profile runs 2.3 to 2.5 size tyres nicely and has taken a hit or two already and just shrugged it off.
I'm still working with the hubs and while rock solid durability-wise, I get the feeling that the engagement, while great, isn't top of the line.
That being said, this is a great aggressive trail/enduro wheelset that concentrates slightly more on the down but gives the up some ease.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Seems like a solid wheel(set). Haven't had any major hits or anything like that just yet. Engagement doesn't seem quite as nice as a DT hub, but nothing to really complain about.