Select style & size:Select options
The best around.
When you’ve already built the best, where do you go? Well, ENVE just decided to make the best even better, and that’s why you get to ride the new M60 Forty HV 27.5in Boost Wheelset. The HV stands for high-volume, and that it is—the internal width has blown up from 23mm to 26. Wider rims sit bigger tires, but they’re also stiffer, and the new Boost hubs make the M60 Forty HV stiffer still, making these best-in-class hoops even better.
Sure, the expanded width makes the HV a microgram or two heavier than its forebear, but that’s a small price to pay for the increased grip and cornering prowess, which nails the all-mountain sweet spot that most self-sponsored shredders, who don’t always have the luxury of multiple carbon wheelsets, have to be satisfied with. The hookless bead is both lighter and burlier than a traditional bead hook, the better to keep those wider tires locked onto the rims, and the super-speedy engagement of the DT Swiss 240 hubs makes accelerating up gnar-strewn trails almost as easy as thinking about it.
- Stiff, wide trail wheels for all-day, all-mountain adventures
- Generous rim width for plush traction and low PSI
- Peerless carbon construction embarrasses alloy wheels
- Hookless bead increases strength and reduces burping
- Boost hubs increases efficiency without harshing the ride
- Eliminating post-production drilling increases rim strength
- DT Swiss freehubs are the standard for durable bling
- Though ENVE's wheels look good, the ride quality is the real selling point
- Item #ENV002F
- Q & A
Solid, Durable, High-Performing Wheelset
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
In my experience, ENVE makes some of the absolute best carbon wheels available today. Not only does the M60 HV have the internal width (26mm) to work great with 2.3-2.4 tires, but the ride quality is tuned such that you won't get beat up in the rough stuff.
They certainly aren't the lightest wheels ever, especially for carbon, but I've spent a lot of time bombing rocky descents with little thought to how they hold up. And they hold up fantastically! The layup and materials mean great durability, and for me, once I felt the stability of these tracking through aggressive terrain, I was spoiled. It means a lot to me when I don't have to think about my equipement, especially on my longer travel bike (150-160mm).
If you want the best and plan to absolutely abuse day in and day out, then get these. You won't regret it. Not to mention, best warranty in the industry. ENVE takes care of their riders.