Why We Like The Ripstick Black Edition Ski
As big fans of the Ripstick, we’re very excited about the new Ripstick Black Edition Skis. Built around the chassis of the original model, the Black Edition still exists to prove that this powder ski can rip groomers as well as it floats through storm days, thanks to plenty of tip rocker and edge-specific camber profiles. The Black Edition introduces two additional carbon rods that shed weight in order to improve agility, and add torsional rigidity to make the ski, well—more rip-able.
The balanced 106 waist is designed to do it all, and the ski’s shape is drawn from a big-mountain influence. The balanced rocker profile features camber underfoot, for a quick edge to edge transfer, only this camber profile is a little different when compared to the rest of the market. The skis feature an asymmetrical design with more camber on the inside edges, tailored specifically to the left and right ski for improved grip.
- All-mountain ski intended for deep powder and high-speed groomers
- 106mm waist supplies balanced performance for all conditions
- Tip and tail rocker floats in the deepest storm day powder
- Asymmetrical camber profile provides unmatched grip in firm snow
- Tubelite wood core offers excellent dampening properties at speed
- Four carbon rods provide enhanced maneuverability and stability
- Sandwich construction is durable for season after season
- Item #ELAC00W
- 164, 172, 180, 188cm
- [164cm] 138 / 104 / 117mm, [172cm] 143 / 105 / 120mm, [180cm] 143 / 106 / 120mm, [188cm] 143 / 106 / 120mm
- Turn Radius
-  16m, [172cm] 17m, [180cm] 18.1m, [188cm] 20.4m
- rocker / camber / rocker
- Tubelite wood
- Claimed Weight
- [180cm, 1/2 pair] 4lb 3oz
- Recommended Use
- all-mountain skiing, freeride/powder skiing
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?