The widest offering in Elan's Ripstick collection, the Ripstick 116 Ski's natural habitat is big mountains blanketed in deep pow. This freeride ski features Elan's TNT Technology, which integrates vibration-dampening Vaportip inserts at the tip and tail to an ultralight Tubelite wood core that keeps the ski light and stiff while reducing chatter when you encounter variable snow conditions. Elan's Tubelite core also features tubular carbon stringers that run from tip to tail for a surprising amount of stiffness.
The Ripstick also sports Elan's versatile Amphibio profile, which consists of rocker in the tip and tail for float in powder and low camber underfoot for enough edge control to ride down variable conditions. Elan finished this ski's construction off with SST sidewalls to give you direct power transfer from side to side when you lay the ski on edge. SST also assures the durability required when you're skiing hard in big-mountain zones.
- Hard-charging big mountain ski with an appetite for powder
- 116mm waist is the widest in Elan's Ripstick lineup
- Rockered tip and tail with moderate camber underfoot
- Tubelite wood core keeps weight to a minimum
- Tip-to-tail carbon tubes add torsional stiffness
- Vaportip inserts give skis a damp and stable feel
- SST sidewalls enhance direct power transmission
- Item #ELA000K