Temporarily Out Of Stock
Don't get too bummed. This item is on the way and will be available for purchase as soon as it rolls into the warehouse.
Can't wait? Consider one of the other Ropes we have in stock.View Similar Products
Swift Protect Pro Dry Rope
- Skinny climbing rope triple-certified for single, half, or twin
- 8.9mm diameter is the second skinniest single rope from Edelrid
- Pro Dry treatment meets UIAA's standards for water absorption
- Thermo Shield enhances handling
- 3D lap coiling is easy to untangle for the first time
- Aramid fibers in the sheath for increased cut resistance
- Not suitable for top-roping or workout climbing
- Item #ELRC03D
- single, half, twin
- Dry Treatment
- Pro Dry
- Static Elongation
- [single] 5.5% [half] 5.2% [twin] 3.5%
- Dynamic Elongation
- [single] 29% [half] 26% [twin] 25%
- Impact Force
- [single] 9.9kN [half] 7.3kN [twin] 11.8kN
- UIAA Falls
- [single] 6 [half] 18 [twin] 30
- Sheath Mass
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
June 15, 2020
8.9mm is the new 10mm.
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This cord is amazing. Skinny, yet durable. The aramid weave in the sheath adds a lot of protection and makes this rope roughly as durable as any 9.8mm, but without the weight. Packs down to roughly the same size as a 50m, 9.8mm cord - and is especially light feeling on route. The handling is super nice, soft, and with a great hand feel. The aramid gives the rope a really nice look and feel. Took it out into Little Cottonwood for some pitches and put it to full use with a wandering pitch of roofs where the rope had to run and rub across the edges. Held up like a champ. At first look, you may do what i did, and go "Woah, this thing is skinny" - but after a few pitches on the rock, I am sold. My partner and I both took a few small falls and didn't notice the difference in elongation and felt like the rope provided soft catches regardless. I will update this review the more that I climb on it - especially if I take it into the alpine. More to come!