Joy To The Herd: Save Up To 60% | Shop Now
Swift Eco Dry Climbing Rope
Perfluorinated chemicals cover dry-treated climbing ropes for obvious benefits—water- and abrasion-resistance—however, they have a ridiculously slow corrosion time, meaning that they'll last a longer than any climber's lifetime. This is problematic when ropes rub their treatments off rocky edges when you're lowering off the climb. It adds grease to the rock and, more importantly, our collective carbon footprint as climbers and humans. Edelrid solved this issue with the Swift Eco Dry Climbing, featuring the first eco-friendly dry treatment in existence. It doesn't use any of the aforementioned PFC's, and it still meets UIAA's standards for eliminated water absorption. The Swift's super skinny 8.9mm is certified as a single, half, and twin rope, which makes it very versatile for multi-pitch climbing, but should only be handled by experienced climbers and belayers.
- Edelrid's high-performing climbing rope made eco-friendly
- 8.9mm diameter certified as a single, half, and twin rope
- Eco Dry treatment meets UIAA standards for water absorption
- Thermo Shield enhances handling and eliminates sheath slippage
- 3D lap coiled to reduce kinking and tangling right out of the box
- Item #ELR003J
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.