Temporarily Out Of Stock
Don't get too bummed. This item is on the way and will be available for purchase as soon as it rolls into the warehouse.
Can't wait? Consider one of the other Belay & Rappel Devices we have in stock.View Similar Products
Giga Jul Belay Device
- Belay device switches from assisted braking to standard belays
- Massive 7.1 - 10mm climbing rope diameter compatibility
- Clips to anchors for assisted braking top rope belays
- Additional eyelet unlocks the device in top rope belay mode
- Item #ELR0056
- Q & A
Best of Both Worlds!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
The beautiful function of the Giga Jul is to easily swap from a traditional tube style device, over to geometry assisted braking device. I have found having the dual options has been great for a few reasons -
1. The security of the geometry assisted braking for when I am belaying my partner on a pitch that I know they are putting in the effort. If they do peel off, I have that extra peace of mind knowing the geometry assisted is there to brake it all up.
2. Having the ability to belay as a tube device for very smooth feeding and keeping me honest at each belay is awesome. I learned on a tube device and they are easier to feed slack quickly - so on easier pitches where my partner may be climbing low 5 grade, I prefer the tube side. It also lets you belay with twins a bit easier/smoother.
3. The updated geometry of this devices is much smoother while belaying from the top in guide mode. The rope has an easier time pulling through.
4. Rappelling - I find myself always rappelling in geometry assisted mode. I like the psuedo "back up" - but it does come at the cost of a little bit of a learning curve and can be "Sticky" - if you are seasoned, want to use a prussik/kleimheist as a backup - then the tube side for rappel function the same as a traditional tube device.
The size range this thing fits is fantastic.
My favorite new do everything device by a long shot.