TLT8 Expedition CR Boot
You prefer to earn your turns, but that doesn't mean you don't deserve gear with an ultralight touring design. That's why Dynafit made the Men's TLT8 Expedition CR boots. Constructed with a carbon-infused Lambda frame and Grilamid shell, these boots provide exceptional lateral and forward rigidity for improved strength and power transmission on the descent while enhancing walkability and ease of entry.
Constructed with a Speed Nose, the TLT8 Expedition boots feature a short, smooth toebox with a more rearward toe fitting placement for optimum touring efficiency and minimum snow resistance, so you can save your energy for the descent. The Ultralock 4.0 upper buckle is connected via a cable to the adjustable lower, which means that closing the upper buckle tightens both the upper and lower of the boot in one motion. This system also makes it easy to transition between fit, walk, and ski modes. The Master Step Tech Fittings enable easier entry, while the thermo-moldable liner provides durability and comfort.
- A speed touring boot for the ambitious skier
- Stiff flex is highly responsive for confidence at high speeds
- 103mm forefoot with substantial volume around the midfoot
- 60-degree cuff rotation for comfortable skinning and hiking
- Ultralock 4.0 upper buckle with cable actuated lower
- Thermo-moldable liner made for comfort and extended use
- Snowdynamic construction designed to minimize snow buildup
- Dynafit is the leader in lightweight tech boots and bindings
- Item #DNF00H3
- Q & A
Easy to use, lightweight and comfortable
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I was fortunate enough to ski these boots all of last spring during the extended season we had in Colorado and found them to be perfectly suited for long days in the skin track or boot pack. The cuff range of motion combined with the "speed nose" make touring much more comfortable compared to other boots and the 103mm last kept my feet comfortable even on the longest of days. On the downhill, I found these boots to perform well on everything from 50+ degree ski mountaineering lines to 30 degree powder laps. Overall I would pick these boots for my longer days out in the mountains where having something on the lighter end of the boot spectrum makes a big difference.
**Disclosure - I work as a rep for Dynafit**