Light and fast is ok, but lighter and faster wins the race.
Serious randonnée racers know how tough it is to strike the perfect balance between light and powerful—imagine trying to make a delicious fat-free cheeseburger or a chocolate cake with no sugar. Dynafit's master chefs have cooked up a winner in the DNA Ski, though. Each ski weighs just about 1.5lb per ski (690g) thanks to an innovative carbon-fiber construction and Carbon Flex Tip design. But that doesn't mean the DNA is too light to ski, because carbon speed stringers give it the stability and torsional rigidity of a much heavier board. The whole package is built on a paulownia wood core, which is light and flexible, and it has a pintail design to trim even more weight from the equation.
The DNA certainly isn't a traditional looking ski, but, "traditional," has never really been Dynafit's style. It does have tried-and-true traditional camber, but the tip is significantly wider than the tail, with a carbon inlay placed within the tip that's designed to make for a smoother feel when skiing the variable conditions you'll encounter in the alpine. The dual sidecut radius makes it easier to vary your turn shape and works with the tip and tail shapes to help you make silky-smooth descents and move quickly from turn to turn.
- Lightweight randonnée racing skis for ascent-focused skiers
- Skinny 65mm waist width for variable snow conditions
- Ultralight cap construction with carbon laminates
- Tip and tail rocker ease turn initiation in tight spots
- Traditional camber underfoot for secure edge-hold on ice
- Stable paulownia wood core for security on the descent
- Pintail shape easily plunges into snow during transitions
- Item #DNF00CF