The best seller got better.
The Wailer 106 Alchemist Ski retains the weight and feel of its Tour1 and Pure3 siblings, but DPS' Alchemist construction gives the ski the extra stiffness required to really tear it up. The Alchemist construction adds vibration-damping units in the tip and tail of the ski's Pure Carbon construction to provide a smoother feel through mixed and firm conditions, so you can really carve down corduroy without the vibrations you'd be accustomed to with a regular backcountry ski. DPS also updated this ski with raised binding plates, vertical sidewalls, and a sustainable aspen wood core to simultaneously tighten the turn radius and increase durability. Ultimately, this version of the Wailer might be the most versatile option DPS has created, whether you're riding backcountry pow or leftover chop in bounds.
- This DPS best-selling backcountry ski is now stiffer and lighter
- Versatile 106mm waist width rides mixed snow on or off piste
- Rocker in tip and tail maneuvers through deeper snow
- Camber underfoot holds an edge on hardpack
- Alchemist Pure Carbon construction with vibration damping tips
- Pre-impregnated carbon ensures infinite flex that never breaks down
- Designed with love in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Item #DPK000W
- Q & A
what is weight of both ski in the alchemist and what ski from last year did it replace and how has it changed
Hey Joseph, the combined weight of the two skis is going to be 8lbs and 4oz. It replaced the Wailer 106 Pure3 construction - the shape is going to be the same, but the materials are going to be aerospace grade carbon ski construction that are notably damper and smoother in mixed and firmer conditions. Hope this helps out - feel free to reach me at my direct line 801.204.4547 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and I'd be happy to help with sizing or get you the right bindings. Best, Connor