Fly up, surf down.
Expanding its line of lightweight touring-specific skis, DPS is now offering its Powderworks Lotus 124 Ski with its ridiculously light Tour1 construction. Shaving an additional 30 percent from the already lightweight Tour3 Pure Carbon construction, this cap constructed ski is light on the skintrack, but doesn't sacrifice dimensions or shape to save weight, leaving the ski's aggressive, powder-ripping capabilities unscathed.
Sitting at 124mm underfoot and featuring DPS' Powderworks shape, the Lotus is a dedicated powder ski ideal for mountains where powder is plentiful. The Tour1 layup consists of a lightweight balsa core surrounded by layers of prepreg carbon, glass Tour1 laminates, and narrow Rockwell edges to reduce weight, but maintain the torsional stiffness necessary to retain a fun and responsive feel on the descent. This construction is geared towards the dedicated backcountry skier with its full cap construction, but it does not have the same convex spooned base as the standard Lotus 124.
- A touring-specific ski with powder-capable dimensions
- 124mm waist width effortlessly floats deep powder
- Early rise tip provides float and eases turn initiation
- Tour1 cap construction reduces weight for long tours
- Balsa core with prepreg carbon laminates
- Narrow Rockwell 48 edges minimize weight
- DPS has been a leader in ski construction innovations since 2005
- Item #DPK000R