Cassiar 87 Tour1 Ski
The DPS Men's Cassiar 87 Tour1 Ski is designed for efficiency on the skintrack without compromising powerful downhill performance when it's time to strip skins and rip your line. Thought the 87-millimeter waist is narrow enough that it won't weight you down on the ups, a generously rockered tip will float you through any deeper stuff you find, while underfoot camber delivers a solid edge hold if you happened to hit any unexpectedly firm snow.
DPS's Tour1 construction features a balsa wood core, which is impressively lightweight yet durably strong, but the signature prepreg carbon and fiberglass laminate is to thank for the ski's torsional stiffness and damp, smooth feel as you charge down narrow couloirs and wide open bowls of perfectly cooked spring corn. And, when you head back up for another lap, the textured polyamide topsheet ensures you aren't held back by six pounds of snow that's accumulated on your skis.
- Go deep into the backcountry with this lightweight touring ski
- Uphill-oriented 87mm waist won't weigh you down
- Rockered tip navigates softer snow with ease
- Underfoot camber delivers solid edge hold if the going gets firm
- Textured polyamide topsheet dumps snow to save weight
- Balsa wood core is strong yet extremely lightweight
- Carbon and fiberglass laminate delivers torsional stiffness and dampening for a smooth, stable ride
- Item #DPK001S