Leave your partner in the dust.
You don't actually want to ditch your alpine cohort, but you'll feel great knowing that, with the Deuter Pace 30 Backpack, you totally could if you wanted to be an A-hole. The Pace is ideal for backcountry adventures, with the ability to carry your skis, snowboard, ice, axes, trekking poles, helmet, skins, sport rack, clothes, and anything else you can dream up, all while weighing in at a measly 1lb 14oz. The large front stretch pocket can easily handle a helmet or shell, while stretch side pockets are perfect for water bottles, if the hydration-reservoir-compatible sleeve isn't really your style. The mesh shoulder straps, back panel and hip belt offer ventilated comfort, too, so you can expend more energy having fun and less complaining how uncomfortable you are.
The Pace also carries like a dream, with Deuter's Lite Back System, which is comprised of a padded Air Mesh back, a removable waist belt and sternum strap, and a removable, flexible Delrin U-frame, which offers good support without the rigidity of traditional aluminum stays. When you drag the Pace over rocks and ice, the 100D mini-ripstop and micro-ripstop base won't fall apart, and the compression straps can cinch down your load for a stable, streamlined carry that won't have you stopping every step to readjust. Before hitting long days or minimalist overnights, get up to speed with the Pace.
- Lite Back System (padded Air Mesh back, removable waist belt and sternum strap)
- Removable flexible Delrin U-frame
- 100D mini-ripstop with micro-ripstop reinforced base
- Two stretch side pockets, one lid pocket, and an internal security pocket
- Wet gear compartment and zippered mesh pocket on hip fins
- Ski/snowboard carry and trekking pole/ice axe attachment
- Hydration sleeve
- Compression straps and front flap skin pocket
- Light attachment, reflective details, and SOS label
- Item #DTR001F
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Super awesome backpack the hip belts work awesome and it can hold a lot of stuff!!!