Looks can be deceiving.
It might look like your average day pack, but the Men's Deuter Futura 30L Backpack has a few tricks up its sleeve. The ergonomic and ventilated design of the padded shoulder straps
and waist belt keep you comfortable on longer treks, and they're
designed for minimal chafing—so if you're thinking of bagging a peak and doing an overnighter in one trip, you most certainly can. Slip a divider into the main compartment, creating a spot to store your sleeping bag, then stuff your extra layers above that, and your cooking and meal supplies into the top. Compression straps on the sides can be used to store your tent, but if you're the sleeping-under-the-sky sorta adventurer, you can travel even lighter. Plenty of exterior pockets are available for snacks, map, or phone, and the integrated rain cover protects your gear from unexpected showers.
- Technical pack for day hikes or quick overnights
- 30L offers enough space for minimalist camping
- Breathable support system provides padded comfort as you hike
- Rugged construction built to resists tears and abrasion
- Sleeping bag compartment optional with removable separator
- Integrated rain cover offers weather protection
- Hydration sleeve keeps your water close at hand
- A myriad of pockets hold additional supplies
- Item #DTR006A
- Q & A
Super Awesome Day Pack
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This pack is the first day pack that Ive gotten, and I am totally impressed. I took it on a 10 mile hike up to White Pine Lake just outside of Salt Lake City, and it was perfect. It held my fly rod, extra layers, hammock, my lunch, and all my water with room to spare. I highly recommend this pack for anyone looking for a lightweight, functional day pack.