Made to take on the most demanding winter conditions, DC combined some of the most advanced outerwear technology available with a modern, futuristic aesthetic to create the Operative Jacket. The headlining feature of this jacket is its Sympatex membrane—a non-porous, recyclable membrane that offers a staggering 45,000mm waterproof rating to handle blizzard-like conditions, as well as breathability that actually increases the hotter you become.
Fully sealed seams with welded taping further prevent rain, sleet, or snow from sneaking in, while the closed-cell mesh lining helps keep air flowing where you need it as you move across the mountain. Buckles and straps add to the futuristic look of this jacket, while essential features like a removable powder skirt, underarm venting, and a small army of pockets keep you locked and loaded with everything needed to get after it.
- Highly advanced snowboard jacket for winter's worst weather
- Sympatex membrane ensures total waterproof, breathable protection
- Fully sealed seams with welded taping keep moisture out
- Regular fit makes for easy layering and a modern look
- Powder skirt is removable for versatile performance
- Underarm zippered vents help excess heat escape quickly
- Jacket-to-pant connection system works with DC pants
- Tons of zippered pockets stash all of your snowboard essentials
- Item #DCSZ974
- [membrane/laminate] Sympatex Performance Weather Defense 45, [face fabric] 100% stretch polyester, [lining] closed-cell mesh
- Waterproof Rating
- Breathability Rating
- fully sealed (welded taping)
- [external] 2 handwarmer zip, 2 front storm flap, 1 transistors packable, 1 chest zip, 1 pass sleeve zip, [internal] 1 touchscreen media
- underarm zip
- Powder Skirt
- Recommended Use
- all-mountain skiing, all-mountain snowboarding, backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding, freeride/powder skiing, freeride/powder snowboarding, park & freestyle skiing, park & freestyle snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
November 17, 2020
More Info on the Operative from DC
Howdy! Mike from DC Shoes checking in to provide a little more detail regarding the Operative jacket, along with some education on how the Sympatex Collection provides superior waterproofing and breathability. The Operative jacket is the pinnacle of jackets offered by DC. Rated at 45K waterproofing, the Operative packs down into a small travel bag that is included in a hidden stash pocket. 3M Thinsulate paneling helps keep the body warm without the bulk or weight of a traditional heavy fill. An army of pockets are made with accessibility at the forefront, with power straps at the front zip to provide an adjustable fit. The Operative is constructed with stretch fabric to give maximum maneuverability and comfort. Stormproofing of the Operative jacket is made with the use of Sympatex in DC's pinnacle outerwear pants, jackets and bibs. Sympatex is a recycled membrane that provides industry leading waterproofing and breathability. Sympatex has the unique ability to breathe dynamically - Which means the higher the physical activity, the more efficient it works, keeping you dry and warm. Make sure to check out DC's newest video drop, Genre, streaming now. And while you're at it, take a peek at DC's new partnership with Burton and our offering of Step On boots here @ Backcountry.