Select style & size:Select options
Adjustable for your convenience.
What a day and age that we live in. Where we can not only spend our winters shredding up mountains we know and love, we can travel to far off destinations to experience the peaks we’ve always dreamed of summiting. Don’t spare any more time living in the box of your local mountain, it’s time to pack up the Db Slim Jim Ski Bag and explore that worldly powder!
Whether you’re a big mountain skier with heavy, stiff skis or a cross-country cardio junkie with feather-light sticks, the Slim Jim adjusts to your set-up. It uses large, chunky wheels to shoulder the weight of one pair of alpine skis with poles or several pairs of cross-country skis with poles. The length adjustment system fits skis all the way up to 210-centimeters and uses an easy buckle maneuver to create a rigid, protective shell for anything smaller. A rugged polyester outer fabric with protective ABS ribs keeps your skis safe as your bag is moved from the conveyor belt to the airplane’s cargo space and back to your final destination. And when you’re in between trips, the Slim Jim rolls into a conveniently-sized roll that can be stored away in your closet or under your bed.
- A collapsible ski bag for traveling from peak to peak
- Rugged fabric and lightweight ribs protect your equipment
- Chunky wheels and sturdy handles offer convenient transport
- Adjustable length provides a rigid shell for skis and poles
- Lightweight design makes loading and unloading easier
- Fully-foldable to pack away into a conveniently-sized roll
- Item #DBC000E
- Q & A
While the Slim Jim looks sleek and wheels around well, it has almost no padding. I would not feel comfortable transporting my skis in this bag, especially not for airline travel. It's hard to find a bad review of this bag online -- presumably because DB has blitzed the internet with a ton of paid 'expert reviews' and marketing -- but I want to be very clear that if you're at all concerned about padding or protecting your skis, this probably isn't the bag for you.
Another view of the bag in use
Such a slick ski bag!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I already have a ski bag (Dakine Fall Line bag) but this thing is so slick. Really impressed with it in the very briefy time I was able to check it out. Here's why:
-The bag is able to be rolled up in a more compact way than more other ski bags. I can speak from experience, the Fall Line Bag is bulky. Its a problem I didn't know I had. It also can be rolled to adjust for different ski lengths when in use.
- If you're traveling with skis, you can pretty much assume you'll have at least another bag to go along with it. Pretty much all of their bags are able to link up to the ski bag and you make a little caravan of bags that are easy to wheel around.
- Not only is it easy to wheel around, it has a strap that you can put around your body and have both hands free. You can wear a backpack if you'd like, but your other bags (provided that they're DB bags) are already getting wheeled with your skis. Both hands free. Carrying your skis and potentially all of your other luggage. Wrap your head around that, its a game changer!
Feel free to reach me at my direct line 801.204.4547 or cojohnson@backcountry,.com if you have any other questions on it or if you'd like help placing an order!